Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Getting Ready for Summer Gardening

Finally, my grades are in, and I've put in just about as many new annuals and perennials as my little patch of earth can hold. I'm still hoping to fit a rose bush in one corner, but otherwise, everything is planted and ready to be enjoyed, pruned, and mulched until September. In about a month, there should be a little flower riot going on there, which I hope to document. Today, I hope the 1500 ladybugs I ordered will arrive in the mail from California....so much for organic gardening, right? When I went to the nursery yesterday, I discovred that I could have bought them four blocks from my house, but instead, I'm consuming fossil fuels to get them here in a timely fashion. Oh well. And now, it's time to go to an 8 hour seminar on how to advise students. I'm sure it will be thrilling.

No comments: