Last week I was knee-deep in a chapter revision (done on wednesday) and in a few minutes, I'll be chin-deep in end-of-semester grading, but before that hits, I have a few words to say about last week's events...
1.John McCain speaking at the New School Graduation.
Disgusting. As Jean Rohe said in her graduation speech, on a day that is supposed to honor the students, Bob Kerry, craven pol, made an insulting choice for a graduation speaker. How low will Bob Kerrey go? They should have ousted him in 2001. I'm glad that students there protested.
2. John McCain speaking at Columbia University. Also disugusting.
3. Jason Leopold's story on Karl Rove: What the fuck? Josh Frank labeled a troll by Dkos posters? what a surprise.
4. What is there left to say? The answer has been out there for a long time, and the argument for it just gets stronger every day.
5. M.I.A kept out of the US? One more reason to listen to "Galang, Galang, Galang" on my subway ride to work today.
6. Guantanamo Events....Whatever happened the answer on this one is plain too; this place should be shut down. However, the administration continues to defend it by accusing the people inside of being "dangerous" even while they're shackled and surveilled.