Friday, January 13, 2006

Time Machine Snippet...

In the few minutes of work I did today, I came across this quotation from Peter Irons about John Marshall:
Marshall was plain and humble in person, yet he was an aristocrat in outlook. He came from a state that vigorously insisted on its sovereign rights within the Union, but he favored a general government in almost every case he decided. He read the Constitution broadly to protect the rights of property, but narrowly when he addressed individual rights.


(yeah, I JUST found that block-quote key on my editing screen. oy, now I'm really embarassed about all those italicized quotations.)

Do you think that maybe one could say the same thing about Judge Alito, who seems so humble and kind ot his peers, but so cruel and indifferent to the people who are affected by his decisions?

No comments: