Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Crumbling City Dept.

I don't know whether it's working on a book, or what, but I was wide awake at 5 this morning. My solution for this kind of insomnia is to use it, at least somewhat productively. If I stay awake it will mean getting all my important procastination chores done when I would otherwise be sleeping, leaving more time for doing the real work of the day.
So, now that the stadium's gone, the big NY development stories are about Ratner's plans for the Atlantic Yards and what the hell is the plan for downtown. Paul Golderberger's article in the 5/30/05 issue of the New Yorker, "A New Beginning" was a sensible plan....but possible? likely? Tell me what you think.

totally other news...the white stripes' new album is out. and I loved it when I saw this headline on the newstand the other day.

No comments: