Thursday, June 23, 2005

Just How incompetent is the Dept. of Homeland Security:?

Pretty damn incompetent. For the past two days, I've been racing around my apartment looking for important mail that they had sent to my former room-mate, who is a legal, permanent resident of the United States. In case you didn't know, if you are such a person, you have to inform the authorities of any moves you make from house to house, which my very law-abiding room-mate did. Nonetheless, they mailed vitally important mail to her former address, where it got promptly buried and took several days to locate.
In the meantime I wondered, how many of the people languishing in our patriotic prisons are there because of some similarly stupid bureaucratic incompetence, some case of mistaken identity?

No comments: